Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 2: Hungry but distracted by headache

1345:  I felt a lot better when I woke up this morning.  I ate a banana and a little later drank some carrot/beet/kale/celery juice and then headed out.  I'm still out and I'm really hungry now.  I haven't had anything except some water since 9am.  I know today the plan was to eat raw fruits and veggies but after last night I was really nervous about eating.  I didn't feel hungry at all in the morning so I figured I'd be okay without bringing anything with me.  Forgot I wouldn't be able to get home between appointments today!  Either way, tomorrow is juice, water and herbal tea only and since I'm able to stay home tomorrow, it should actually be easier than today.  I think I'll eat some raisins when I get home.  I'm pretty sure that's considered a raw fruit.  I'm still feeling anxiety around eating more raw veggies but I'll be sure to super-wash them and hope for the best.


The caffeine withdrawal headache is definitely drowning out most of the hunger symptoms though!  I'm going to take this one day at a time, or one hour maybe (!) but I'm still leaving the door open to adding back a half-cup of coffee if the headache seems to be debilitating.  I had plans to detox parts of my living space while my body was cleaning house too, and if I can't enjoy the clearheaded part of fasting I wonder if I might be better off killing the headache.  But that's not this hour anyway.  *rumble*

No comments:

Post a Comment