Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 5: Ready for step up!

2100:  Slept a ridiculous amount last night, but felt really good today.  I still got very hungry at times, say 7-8 for a few minutes at a time, but it dissipated when I drank some juice.  Things are going my way, too, generally in my day today.  I'm looking forward to eating tomorrow.  I'm planning on a banana when I wake up, then a vegetable juice before I leave the house.  I'll be out for the whole morning but I plan to bring a nectarine with me, and then maybe have a salad when I get home.  For the evening meal I'm making a raw Vegan Kale Ginger Soup which I found on the Low Fat Vegan Recipes blog:  http://lowfatveganrecipes.com/raw-vegan-kale-ginger-soup/ 


My partner is really excited about having coffee tomorrow.  I thought the coffee should wait at least another couple of days but he's ready for it now.  I'm not sure.  I think I may hold off a little longer.  I'm shocked that he's the one who has missed coffee more.  In fact, the whole time we've been doing this the bag of coffee has been sitting on the counter and I haven't had even the slightest temptation, even when I was considering drinking coffee to get rid of the withdrawal headache.  I'm confused by this as I love coffee and really, really don't want to give it up.  I guess I would love to remake my relationship with coffee so that instead of thinking of it as the best part of my morning, it could be just an occasional friend.  I'm really not sure I can just be friends with coffee though...


Good night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment