Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 3: Morning: So far, so good

0958:  We woke up at 7:30 today.  NO HEADACHE. I think I can feel it hovering around in the back of my head but it hasn't set in.  I'll take it!


I do feel hungry, but more than that, I feel the compulsion to eat. It's interesting that the second my partner left for work, a part of my brain said, "Okay, time to eat." WTF is that?  


When I got up I made a juice with celery, parsley, cucumber, ginger, and carrots.  Since we started juicing I've been fascinated with how good celery tastes, and also cucumber. I like the slight zing that the ginger adds too.  Everything I read says parsley is important for energy, and it's also in a lot of the liver-support juice recipes, so I've been throwing it in.  I love Italian parsley anyway, although it doesn't seem to add any flavor to the juice.


When my partner left for work and I started thinking about eating, I made a juice of canteloupe with lime.  OMG.  I did not expect it to taste so good!  I hope that over the long term I will be drinking more vegetables juices than fruit juices but I'm trying to mix it up during the fast.


So, hungrywise, on a scale of 1-10 (10 is most hungry) I'm at about a 5.  Yesterday and Thursday I was around a 9 or 10 much of the time.  This is better.  Of course, it's not even noon yet :-)


It has been pretty exciting to get caught up on the dishes and not have them reproduce as fast as I can wash them.  Fasting bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment