Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 4: Wow!

1900:  Woke up feeling just fine today.  My partner made us some juice (pineapple, kiwi and I'm not sure what else) and I went out to pick up some things at the store. I hate shopping and I had to trudge past all that food in order to pick up some more apples and parsley and a few other things.  I realized how much stuff I eat just because it tastes good, with no thought as to whether it fits my body's needs for the day.  Bummer.  I juiced some vegetables when I got home.


Around two o'clock I hit the hunger high - maybe a 6 or 7.  A while later I juiced half a red grapefruit and two apples.  Superzumos says this helps stave off hunger.  It sure seemed to work cuz it's 1900 and I'm just starting to feel a hint of hunger.  It's so much easier today than yesterday, and yesterday was easier than Friday - even though we were still eating some solid food on Friday.


A couple more hours and I'll be asleep and Day 4 will be done.  Tomorrow is the last day of juice-only.  Tuesday we'll break the fast with some fruit and raw vegetables and Wednesday we'll add in some vegetable broth and we'll see what else.  A slow step up.  


 I got a lot of cleaning done in the morning but I've been chilling this afternoon.  One of our cats woke us up earlier than we wanted to get up and I think coming up an hour short on sleep cut into my energy.  Some people say to expect to be tired and low energy during the fast and other people say that doesn't happen.  I don't know if tired is the right word exactly.  I feel like resting.  Seems like it's not the same thing.  One thing is laying low because of being tired and not being able to do a bunch of stuff, and another thing is consciously resting.  I like it.  And I still feel very mentally sharp.  The fog has really cleared over the past few days.  


And I still CANNOT BELIEVE I haven't had coffee since Wednesday.  And no headache today either.

No comments:

Post a Comment