Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New plan, new blog

I'm not entirely sure I'll really update this blog with any frequency.  My last blog was totally unfocused and I wrote in it in 2006 several times, then not again until 2009, and then nothing since then!  Out with the old, in with the new, right?  Tomorrow is Day 1 of a 7-day detox cycle.  Tomorrow and Friday we're eating only raw fruits and vegetables as a step-down to three days of juice fasting.  We used up most of the perishable food in the house so that we won't be tempted, and then I did a huge compras today of organic everything.  

I've been looking forward to this for a few weeks now.  I need to do a personal reboot and my hope is that while I'm not having to stress my body out by processing food nor stress myself out with constantly trying to keep up with meal planning and preparation (failing miserably for some time now, hence the reboot) I'll be able to regain some sense of balance.  I've never done any kind of fast before unless you count days when I've not had time to eat in the morning and then gone all of the workday without food because I was either broke, couldn't find anything vegan, or both, really.  I don't really think that counts since I'd then come home and eat everything I could find.  

I vote that this should be an entirely different experience!  One day, or possible one segment of a day, at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment